Financial Settlements In Divorce

call us on 020 8974 7490 or fill out a form to arrange your consultation.

If you are in the process of separating from your partner and have children, ensuring their wellbeing and that there is adequate, regular and reliable provision for their living costs, will no doubt be a high priority, regardless of whether you are seeking or providing that support.


In either case, we are here to act on your behalf and provide you with expert and impartial advice with only one goal in mind, the best outcome for you as our client and your child/children.


There are several routes to a maintenance settlement. 


  • A private agreement for child maintenance

  • An application for child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service

  • An application to the courts for child maintenance


Having discussed your options we will help you progress with most suitable option.  If you can reach an acceptable private agreement, this can be a less stressful option and can avoid some costs. However, if there is an issue at a later stage these agreements are not legally enforceable.


If you cannot reach an agreement then you can make an application for child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service (CMS), which can calculate and collect child maintenance on your behalf.


If you can agree on how your assets will be divided and how much maintenance will be paid following a divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership, you can apply to court to have this agreement turned into a consent order. This way, if your former partner refuses to pay the maintenance agreed in the consent order, the Court has powers to enforce it for a period of 12 months.


Use the chat box, call us on 0208 974 7490 or email to arrange your initial consultation to discuss the best way forward for you and we will provide you with further and specific advice tailored to your circumstances. 


If you are unable to make appointments during normal working hours or to get to our offices, home visits and/or appointments in the evening or weekend can be arranged to suit you.


We can provide you with a fixed fee for this service so you will know exactly what costs you will need to pay.


Our experienced and understanding team are here to help you. We will work with you to ensure the best possible outcome. 

Fill out an enquiry form today

How can we help?

Visit us

Rose & Rose

The Riverside Centre
40 High Street
Kingston upon Thames

Rose & Rose

1 St Katharine's Way,

St Katharine's & Wapping,